This rice krispie treat recipe is SO good! They are sweet and chocolatey and nutty – just like a Snickers. The flavor of the peanut butter in the chocolate topping really comes through and helps pull the whole yummy thing together.
Snickers Bar Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 10 oz marshmallows
- 1 cup caramel sauce
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 1 cup peanuts - roughly chopped reserve about 3 tablespoon for topping
- 4 bars snickers
- 1 bar milk chocolate - 7 oz, roughly chopped
- ⅓ cup peanut butter
- Spray or grease a 9 x 13" baking dish, and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows together over low heat, then stir in the caramel sauce and remove from heat.
- Gently stir in the Rice Krispies, then add the peanuts and Snickers pieces and stir it all together.
- Pour this into the prepared dish and press into an even layer. You can wet a wooden spoon, and use the back of it to press the mixture down firmly.
- Put a large pot of water to boil on the stove, then put a metal dish over the top, put the chocolate and peanut butter in the dish and stir gently until melted and mixed together.
- Spread the chocolate peanut butter sauce over the top of the Rice Krispies and sprinkle on the remaining chopped peanuts.
- Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes, then cut into bars.