Combine the best elements of muffins and brownies in these deliciously chocolatey brownie muffins. They're perfectly chewy, yet cakey and light. A delightful combination.
Very Chocolatey Brownie Muffins
Combine the best elements of muffins and brownies in these deliciously chocolatey brownie muffins. They're perfectly chewy, yet cakey and light. A delightful combination.Print Pin Rate Share
- ¾ cup cocoa - baking quality
- 1 tsp baking powder - heaping
- ¾ cup butter
- ½ cup water - boiling
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips - optional
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine cocoa and baking powder.
- Add in boiling water; mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in the melted butter and vanilla.
- Add the sugar and mix well.
- Stir in the eggs.
- Mix the flour with salt; then add to the chocolate mixture; mix well to combine (batter will be a bit on the thin side).
- Stir in mini chocolate chips or walnuts (or 1 cup of both).
- Spoon the batter into muffin liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until muffins are done, be sure to not over bake.
Kidney Friendly • Vegetarian • Pescatarian • Peanut Free • Tree Nut Free • Soy Free • Fish Free • Shellfish Free • Pork Free • Red Meat Free • Crustacean Free • Celery Free • Mustard Free • Sesame Free • Lupine Free • Mollusk Free • Alcohol Free • Kosher
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 102mg | Potassium: 141mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 26IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2mg