The flavors of summer are celebrated in this very refreshing, not too sweet watermelon lemonade recipe. Perfect by itself on a hot day, or served with a splash of vodka for a delicious cocktail - this drink is summer in a glass.
Refreshingly Delicious Watermelon Lemonade
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 ½ cups lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 2 cups watermelon - puree
- vodka - optional
- Make a simple syrup by bringing the sugar and ½ cup water to boil in a small pan. Allow to simmer for a few minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the cold water, then pour into a pitcher and add the lemon juice and watermelon puree and stir to combine.
- (to make the watermelon puree, just puree chopped pieces of melon in a food processor, then push through a fine mesh sieve to remove the seeds and pulp)
- If using vodka, use a cocktail shaker to shake 1 part vodka with 4 parts lemonade and pour over ice, or fancy it up a bit and serve straight up in a chilled martini glass.