Dark chocolate on a flaky pie crust is the perfect base for this rich and creamy peanut butter pie. Best served ice cold from the fridge or freezer, this pie is sure to please anyone that loves the wonderful combination of chocolate and peanut butter.
from: ben rayl
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- Prep Time : 20 minutes
- Cook Time : 4 hours 30 minutes
- Yield : enough pie for 6 - 8 people
- pie crust - 1 large storebought or homemade
- dark chocolate - 1 cup, chips or chunks
- cream cheese - 8 oz, softened
- powdered sugar - 1 cup
- salt - 1 tsp
- peanut butter - 1 cup, smooth
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- whipping cream - 2 cups
- dark chocolate - 2 tbsp, melted for decorating
- peanut butter - 2 tbsp, melted for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350 C (175 F).
- If using a pre-packaged pie crust then bake according to package directions. If using a rolled up crust, then place it in a greased 9" pie pan. Prick the bottom of the crust all over with a fork, then line with aluminum foil and pastry weights. Bake for about 15 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 3 - 5 minutes, or until the crust is browned.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chunks around the crust, then return to the oven for a few minutes to melt the chocolate, then spread evenly over the crust, using the back of a spoon. Set the crust aside and allow to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese, powdered sugar and salt until light and fluffy, then beat in the peanut butter and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to beat the whipped cream until soft peaks form. Whisk in about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture to lighten it and then gently fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour the filling into the cooled crust. Freeze for about 4 hours, or refrigerated covered overnight before serving.
- Decorate the pie with chocolate and peanut butter by putting each in their own plastic ziploc bag, snipping off a small piece of the corner to make a tip, and drizzling decoratively over the pie.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]peanut butter (and chocolate) pie – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]Add to Favourites