Looking for an easy and delicious lasagna recipe for beginners? Look no further than this three-cheese lasagna! Packed with rich, creamy cheeses and flavorful tomato sauce, this lasagna is sure to become a favorite in your recipe repertoire.
This is the best lasagna recipe not only because it is incredibly easy to make, but also because it is incredibly delicious. The combination of three cheeses - ricotta, Parmesan, and mozzarella - creates a melt-in-your-mouth flavor that's hard to resist. Additionally, with simple steps like preheating your oven, cooking your pasta, and layering the cheese mixture, this easy lasagna recipe is perfect for those who are new to cooking.
So, whether you're looking for a cozy weekend meal or a dish to impress your friends at a potluck, give this easy lasagna recipe a try. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you!
How to Make Three-Cheese Lasagna
The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius), so it will be ready when it's time to bake the lasagna. Then, you need to cook the lasagna pasta according to the package instructions and drain it well.
While the pasta is cooking, you should prepare the ricotta cheese mixture. To do so, simply mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, and some chopped parsley together in a bowl and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
Then, in a pan, sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic in olive oil until golden brown. Then, add the tomato sauce and let it cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
Now, it's time to assemble the lasagna. In a baking dish, layer the lasagna pasta, followed by a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture. Then, sprinkle some grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat this process, alternating between the pasta and cheese, until all ingredients have been used.
Finally, pour the tomato sauce over the top layer of the lasagna and sprinkle more grated mozzarella cheese on top. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
Voila! Take the lasagna out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Expert Tips for Making the Perfect Three-Cheese Lasagna
- Don't overcook the lasagna pasta. Make sure to cook it al dente or slightly firm to the bite so that it doesn't turn mushy during baking.
- Use high-quality cheese. This recipe relies on the rich, savory flavors of three different types of cheese, so be sure to use high-quality options for the best results.
- Use a flavorful tomato sauce. A good tomato sauce is the foundation of any great lasagna, so don't skimp on flavor here!
- Let the lasagna rest before serving. This will help the layers set and make it easier to cut into portions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Can I use other types of cheese in this recipe?
Of course! While traditional three-cheese lasagna uses Parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese, you can experiment with different types of cheese according to your taste. Some popular cheeses include cheddar cheese, Gouda cheese, or goat cheese.
Can I prepare the three-cheese lasagna in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the three-cheese lasagna in advance and then refrigerate it until you are ready to bake it. Simply cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking.
Can I freeze the leftover three-cheese lasagna?
Absolutely! Three-cheese lasagna freezes very well. Simply divide the leftover lasagna into individual portions, place them in airtight containers, and freeze them for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply thaw the portions in the refrigerator overnight and then heat them in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius) for about 20-25 minutes.
Three-Cheese Lasagna (Easy & Delicious)
- 1 package - 8 ounces of lasagna pasta
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves - minced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Cook the lasagna pasta according to the package instructions, and then drain it.
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta cheese with the eggs, and chopped parsley, and season it with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate pan, heat the olive oil and sauté the chopped onion and minced garlic until they are golden brown. Add the tomato sauce and let it cook over low heat for about 10 minutes.
- In a 7.5 x 12-inch baking dish, layer the lasagna pasta, followed by a layer of the ricotta cheese mixture. Then, sprinkle some of the grated Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat this process, alternating between the pasta and cheese, until all ingredients have been used.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the top layer of lasagna pasta and sprinkle more grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake for 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Let the lasagna cool for a few minutes before serving.