Perfectly Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
These oatmeal raisin cookies really are perfectly spiced. There are a lot of flavors, but they blend together perfectly. They're wonderfully chewy and stay that way for days. I love the way they make my house smell while they're baking as much (well, almost) as eating them.
- all purpose flour - 1 1/2 cups
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- cinnamon - 1 tsp
- ginger - 1/2 tsp, ground
- ground cloves - 1/2 tsp, ground
- allspice - 1/2 tsp, ground
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- butter - 1 cup (225 g), softened
- brown sugar - 1 cup
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- eggs - 2 large
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- rolled oats - 3 cups
- raisins - 1 cup, jumbo
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and salt then set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then mix in the vanilla.
- On low speed, mix in the flour mixture, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by tbsp fulls onto waxed paper lined cookie sheets, flatten slightly on top and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown - be careful to not over bake.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the trays before removing them to wire racks to cool completely.
Add to Favourites