Is there really anything better than scooping a heaping amount of perfectly seasoned melted cheese chock full of beans and beef on a crispy tortilla chip? I’m not sure there is . . . You can customize this dip in a million different ways, you can spice it up with jalapeno or chipotle. Add diced bell peppers or a bag of frozen corn . . . it’s really limitless. Whatever you do – just make it and serve it to people, they will LOVE you forever for it.
Chili (con Carne) Queso Dip
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 white onion - chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 15 ounce diced tomatoes - drained
- 1 pound velveeta - cubed (or pepper jack)
- 15 ounce black beans - drained and rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup cilantro - chopped
- Heat the butter up in a large, deep soup pot, then add the onion, salt and pepper and cook until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and crumble with a spoon and cook until browned. Stir in the seasoning packet and the diced tomatoes and cook a few minutes, or until combined.
- Add the velveeta cheese and stir and cook until the cheese is melted, then stir in the beans, salsa and cilantro.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to let the flavors combine, stirring often - then pour into a large serving dish of your choice and serve with tortilla chips.