0 Flares 0 Flares ×
These bacon, egg and cheese muffins combine all the perfect breakfast ingredients in one handy package. Serve them warm, drizzled with some maple syrup with a cup of coffee for an eye opening morning treat.
- bacon - 6 slices, cut in half
- eggs - 6 large
- salt and pepper - to taste
- all purpouse flour - 1 cup
- yellow cornmeal - 1/2 cup
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- baking powder - 2 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- milk - 1 cup
- vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet until it just starts to crisp, then remove and drain on paper towels. Drain the skillet and reserve the bacon drippings.
- In a small bowl, beat 4 of the eggs with 2 tbsp water and a dash of salt and pepper. Cook the eggs in a hot skillet in 2 tsp of the reserved bacon drippings until just set around the edges.
- Brush about 1/2 tsp of bacon grease in each cup of a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, vegetable oil and remaining two eggs – beat together well. Stir this into the flour mixture until just combined, then use a rubber spatula to gently fold in the scrambled eggs and cheese.
- Spoon equal amounts into the prepared muffin tins and place one piece of bacon into each muffin.
- Bake for 15 – 17 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and a toothpick test comes out clean.
- Cool slightly in muffin tin, then run a sharp knife around each one to loosen and remove from pan.