Is there really anything better than scooping a heaping amount of perfectly seasoned melted cheese chock full of beans and beef on a crispy tortilla chip? I’m not sure there is . . . You can customize this dip in a million different ways, you can spice it up with jalapeno or chipotle. Add diced bell peppers or a bag of frozen corn . . . it’s really limitless. Whatever you do – just make it and serve it to people, they will LOVE you forever for it.
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- butter - 2 tbsp
- white onion - 1, chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- ground beef - 1 pound
- taco seasoning - 1 packet
- diced tomatoes - 1 15 ounce can, drained
- velveeta - 1 pound, cubed (or pepper jack)
- black beans - 1 15 ounce can, drained and rinsed
- salsa - 1 small jar
- cilantro - 1/4 cup, chopped
- Heat the butter up in a large, deep soup pot, then add the onion, salt and pepper and cook until softened - about 5 minutes.
- Add the beef and crumble with a spoon and cook until browned. Stir in the seasoning packet and the diced tomatoes and cook a few minutes, or until combined.
- Add the velveeta cheese and stir and cook until the cheese is melted, then stir in the beans, salsa and cilantro.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes to let the flavors combine, stirring often - then pour into a large serving dish of your choice and serve with tortilla chips.