It’s a bit ridiculous how easy it is to make this Beef and Cabbage Soup. You literally just throw a bunch of things in a pot, then wait about an hour and you’ve got a bowl of just about the best soup you’ll ever have. There’s something about the combination of ingredients that makes this soup absolutely awesome. The smell of it cooking will fill your kitchen and create a Pavlovian reaction in your mouth, it smells incredible.
This is a recipe I got from my mother years ago, and I crave it often in the winter when I don’t want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen but I want a comforting, hearty bowl of soup. Seriously, if you’ve yet to make this, you really need to try it. I promise you’ll be hooked from the first spoonful.
The prep time on this soup is only about 15 minutes, then you let it simmer for about an hour so it’s super easy (and hearty enough) for a quick weeknight meal. It yields quite a bit – I would say enough for 6 – 8 people.
is it soup time? check these out too (they’re delicious):
here’s a video showing how to make it:
Super Easy Beef and Cabbage Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: 6 - 8 servings
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 464
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Cholesterol Content: 55mg
- Fat Content: 5.6g
- Fiber Content: 9.9g
- Protein Content: 30.6g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.4g
- Serving Size: 8
- Sodium Content: 1900mg
- Sugar Content: 2.7g
- butter - 1 tbsp
- ground beef - 1 pound, lean
- garlic salt - 1/2 tsp
- garlic powder - 1/2 tsp
- pepper - 1/4 tsp
- celery stalks - 2, chopped fine
- kidney beans - 1 16 oz can, not drained
- cabbage - 1/2 head (medium), chopped
- tomatoes - 1 can (28 oz), including liquid
- water - 1 tomato can worth
- beef bouillon - 4 cubes
- parsley - fresh, for garnish
- Brown the beef in the butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add all the remaining ingredients except the parsley; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Serve garnished with fresh parsley.
this post contains affiliate links