This oatmeal raisin cookies recipes is perfectly spiced. There are a lot of flavors, but they blend together perfectly. They're wonderfully chewy and stay that way for days. I love the way they make my house smell while they're baking as much (well, almost) as eating them.
Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup butter - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins - jumbo
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice and salt then set aside.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, beating well after each addition, then mix in the vanilla.
- On low speed, mix in the flour mixture, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the oats and raisins.
- Drop by tbsp fulls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheets, flatten slightly on top and bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden brown - be careful to not over bake.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the trays before removing them to wire racks to cool completely.