Diners are probably my favorite places to eat – especially a good Greek one.
I’m addicted to a huge Greek salad full of Souvlaki chicken, tons of veggies and tzatziki. I had one the other day and I thought what a great sandwich it would make if I stuffed it into some pita and man was I right. This sandwich is SO delicious. The tzatziki is super easy to make and it’s oh so flavorful.
Wrapping these pitas in foil really does make them hold together and makes them easy to transport – like to an outdoor picnic or event. Serve this with a salad on the side or go all out and make some fries to accompany – it’s guaranteed to be a big hit.
Also try my alternative version of tzatziki sauce made with cucumber and it pairs fenomenal with my gyro recipe.
Love this recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my comfort dinner recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
The Greek Inspired Chicken Stuffed Pita Wrap
for the tzatziki:
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup greek yoghurt
- 3 tablespoon dill - chopped
for the pita:
- 4 pita bread
- 2 cups romaine - chopped
- 4 chicken breasts - grilled and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes - diced
- 1 cucumber - partially peeled and diced
- 1 cup kalamata olives - pitted
- 1 cup feta cheese - crumbled
for the tzatziki:
- Put the vinegar and garlic in a food processor and pulse until the garlic is chopped into small pieces. Add the Dijon and blend it in thoroughly. Turn the food processor on again and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing thickens.
- Put the yoghurt and dill in a mixing bowl, add the dressing and whisk together until combined.
for the pitas:
- Heat the oven to 450, then throw the pita bread in to soften.
- Take 4 squares of aluminum foil and fold one of the corners in about 4 inches.
- Place one piece of pita on each foil sheet, with the top part of the bread sticking up over the fold about 1 inch.
- Divide and stack the romaine, chicken breasts, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and feta onto each piece of pita. Finish with a liberal amount of the tzatziki on top.
- Pull the pita together with your fingers, then use your other hand to pull up the foil and pinch and seal it together, to hold the sandwich in form.
Leave a Reply