Combining peanut butter and banana together makes for great things, and this banana bread is no exception. Adding chocolate chips takes this bread to a whole new level. It’s not too sweet, but rich and dense – quite possibly the perfect banana bread.
from: ben rayl
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield : 1 large loaf
- Preheat oven to 350 F (175 C) and grease a standard sized loaf pan. Line the bottom with baking paper, then grease the paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, use an electric mixer to mix together the bananas, peanut butter, sugars, honey, milk, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Quickly pour the wet ingredients into the flour and gently stir together with a rubber spatula until just mixed together, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick test comes back clean. After about 40 minutes, check the bread often to make sure the top isn't browning too much - if it is just place a foil tent over the top.
- Allow the bread to cool slightly (about 15 minutes) before turning it out and cooling completely on a wire rack.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]Add to Favourites