This lemon basil chicken recipe is balance perfectly with the tangy mayonnaise in the marinade on these super succulent chicken breasts. They're super easy and quick to throw together, but the flavors are so unique you'd never guess. Serve these with a nice green vegetable and maybe some starch for a delicious, easy dinner.
Lemon Basil Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup parmesan cheese - grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp basil - fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix the mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice and zest, and basil together in a bowl.
- Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of a greased casserole dish, generously salt and pepper both sides, then spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.