I grew up eating these breakfast potatoes all the time, they were my dad’s signature breakfast dish. They’re so easy to make and so easy to customize. You can skip the beef and use sausage or bacon if you want. You can add some chopped kale or spinach and make them more healthy – the possibilities are endless.
I really like this breakfast potatoes with my breakfast casserole with eggs and bacon. On a comfort food level this is epic. I really love the potato and ground beef combo and I really love the egg and bacon combination. And together, these are fantastic.
I remember clearly the smell of these cooking in the morning, and they were always enough to get me out of bed. If you’re in the mood for some eye opening deliciousness that the whole family will love, you’ve gotta try this recipe.
Best Ever Breakfast Potatoes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 cups potatoes - cubed
- 1 green pepper - diced
- 1 small onion - finely diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 eggs - beaten
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper - crushed
- In a heavy skillet, heat up the oil over medium heat. Add the potatoes, pepper and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onions and pepper begin to soften.
- Increase the heat and add the ground beef. Stir and cook until the beef is cooked through and the potatoes start to brown.
- Add the eggs - allow them to set slightly, then gently fold in until cooked.