These cookies find the perfect balance between peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip. The peanut butter sets the perfect base, and the chocolate is far from lost - these cookies are definitely a winning combination.
- butter - 1/2 cup, softened
- peanut butter - 1/2 cup, creamy
- sugar - 1/2 cup
- brown sugar - 3/4 cup, packed
- egg - 1
- egg whites - 2
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- cold water - 2 tbsp
- flour - 2 cup
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- baking soda - 1 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- chocolate - 1 cup, bittersweet, chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and peanut butter then add the sugars and blend until smooth. Add the egg, egg whites, vanilla and water - mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.