These cookies find the perfect balance between peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip. The peanut butter sets the perfect base, and the chocolate is far from lost - these cookies are definitely a winning combination.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup butter - softened
- ½ cup peanut butter - creamy
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips - bittersweet
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and peanut butter then add the sugars and blend until smooth. Add the egg, egg whites, vanilla and water - mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.