These cookies find the perfect balance between peanut butter cookies and chocolate chip. The peanut butter sets the perfect base, and the chocolate is far from lost - these cookies are definitely a winning combination.
Another fantastic option is my oatmeal raisin cookies my grandmother use to make. These cookies are beyond delicious and super easy to make.
Looking for easy baking recipes? Check out my collection of fun things to bake.
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
- ½ cup butter - softened
- ½ cup peanut butter - creamy
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar - packed
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips - bittersweet
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and peanut butter then add the sugars and blend until smooth. Add the egg, egg whites, vanilla and water - mix until combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until just combined, then use a wooden spoon to stir in the chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Cook for about 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.