This recipe for roasted potatoes could not be easier, and this method works perfectly every time. The rosemary and garlic provide the perfect flavor combination, and neither one is so powerful as to take over the potatoes. You can use different herbs, depending on what you're using the potatoes for, but don't skimp on the salt or pepper.
- russet potatoes - 2 pounds (1 kilo), washed and cut into wedges
- olive oil - 1 tbsp
- rosemary - 1 tbsp
- garlic cloves - 2, pressed
- salt and pepper - use very generously
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C)
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper, coating well.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and bake in the oven about 35 - 40 minutes, or until golden and softened. (take the tray out a few times while baking and move the potatoes around with a spatula to ensure even cooking)