These are the ultimate twice baked potatoes. The potato is scooped out, then mashed with sour cream and peppers before it's stuffed back in and re-baked - these spuds are to die for.
Stuffed Twice Baked Potatoes
These are the ultimate twice baked potatoes. The potato is scooped out, then mashed with sour cream and peppers before it's stuffed back in and re-baked - these spuds are to die for.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 8 servings
- 4 potatoes
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 green pepper - diced
- 1 small onion - chopped
- to taste salt and pepper
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 teaspoon paprika - for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Pierce the potatoes a few times with a fork, rub with a little olive oil and salt and bake until tender, about 1 hour.
- While the potatoes are baking, heat the butter in a medium skillet over medium low heat and cook the pepper and onion together until soft, about 5 minutes. Generously salt and pepper and set aside.
- When the potatoes are soft, cut them in half and scoop out most of the cooked insides into a bowl. Add the peppers and onions to the bowl and stir together well, then stir in the sour cream, milk, and about ⅔ cup of the cheddar until well combined.
- Stuff this back into the hollowed out potato skins and top with the remaining cheese.
- Put the potato halves on a baking sheet and bake in the top third of the oven for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Calories: 189kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 123mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 163mg | Iron: 1mg