This roasted potatoes recipe could not be easier, and this method works perfectly every time. The rosemary and garlic provide the perfect flavor combination, and neither one is so powerful as to take over the potatoes. You can use different herbs, depending on what you're using the potatoes for, but don't skimp on the salt or pepper.
Pair these lovely roasted potatoes with my mom's beef burgundy recipe. The juices from the beef stew top this roasted potato recipe perfectly.
You can try this recipe with my country style white gravy. It is super easy to make and tastes fenomenal.
- 2 pounds russet potatoes - washed and cut into wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed
- salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C)
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the olive oil, rosemary, garlic and salt and pepper, coating well.
- Place potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with baking paper, and bake in the oven about 35 - 40 minutes, or until golden and softened. (take the tray out a few times while baking and move the potatoes around with a spatula to ensure even cooking)