This Chicken Alfredo is the answer to those days you wake up and can only think about eating pasta. It happens to me quite often and I know, I know - carbs and all. But those times when the only thing that will satisfy is a piping hot bowl of creamy pasta, this is the dish for you. It's on the table in under 30 minutes, it's so hearty and filling and absolutely delicious!
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- butter - 2 tbsp
- olive oil - 2 tbsp
- onion - 1 medium, chopped
- garlic cloves - 4, minced
- salt and pepper - to taste
- chicken breasts - 1 pound, cubed
- heavy cream - 2 cups
- Parmesan cheese - 3/4 cup, grated - plus more for serving
- peas - 1 cup, frozen
- pasta - 1 16 oz package, your choice - cooked al dente (about 1 minute less than package directions)
- parsley - 1 cup, fresh - chopped
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium low heat. Add the onion and cook for about 2 - 3 minutes, or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two then increase the heat, add the chicken and cook - stirring often - until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 - 6 minutes.
- Pour the cream into the skillet with the chicken and cook for a few minutes, then stir in the Parmesan and peas and cook until the sauce begins to thicken. Add a generous amount of cracked black pepper while the sauce is cooking.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta, then add some more parmesan and parsley and toss again until combined. Serve immediately.