These are my mom's biscuits, she's been making them from before I was born. They are super easy to make, there's no butter in them, but they still come out light and flaky and delicious. They're particularly good on my homemade chicken & biscuits.
- active dry yeast - 1 tbsp
- warm water - 3/4 cup
- flour - 2 cup
- bran - 2 tbsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 2 tbsp
- vegetable oil - 2 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl, then mix in yeast mixture and oil.
- Knead dough for a few minutes, then roll out. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut into 12 rounds and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.