These are my mom's biscuits, she's been making them from before I was born. They are super easy to make, there's no butter in them, but they still come out light and flaky and delicious. These fantastic biscuits are perfect for my chicken and biscuit recipe.
You can try this recipe with my country style white gravy. It is super easy to make and tastes fenomenal.
Looking for an easy and quick bread as a side dish? Try my easy homemade pita bread recipe made with two ingredients!
Love this appetizer recipe? Please leave a 5-star 🌟rating in the recipe card below and/or a review in the comments section further down the page.
Try one of my comfort appetizer recipes for your next family meal! And if you have any questions, I'm here to help!
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoon bran
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Dissolve the yeast in warm water.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a small bowl, then mix in yeast mixture and oil.
- Knead dough for a few minutes, then roll out. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Use a biscuit cutter to cut into 12 rounds and bake for 10 - 12 minutes.