I made a Roast Beef the other night and decided I wanted a traditional English dinner, complete with horseradish sauce and Yorkshire Pudding. It was delicious, and surprisingly easy to make
Traditional Yorkshire Pudding
I made a Roast Beef the other night and decided I wanted a traditional English dinner, complete with horseradish sauce and Yorkshire Pudding. It was delicious, and surprisingly easy to makePrint Pin Rate Share
Servings: 6 servings
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour - sifted
- a pinch salt
- 3 tbsp roast drippings
- Whisk the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Add the sifted flour and salt, and mix together thoroughly until there are no lumps. (if there are lumps, pass the batter through a fine mesh sieve) Cover the bowl with a towel, and let sit for 20 mins - 1 hour until ready to cook it.
- When you are ready to cook the pudding, after you've taken the roast out of the oven, increase the oven temperature to 400 F (200 C).
- Place the roast drippings in the bottom of a roasting dish, and swirl it around to completely coat the bottom of the pan. Put the dish in the oven and let it heat until the fat begins to smoke.
- Add 2 tbsp cold water to the batter, whisk it together quickly, then pour it into the dish and put back in the oven.
- Allow to cook until puffed up and golden brown, about 20 minutes.
Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 132mg | Sodium: 83mg | Potassium: 198mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 312IU | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 3mg