Wrapped in bacon and smothered in bbq sauce, this meatloaf is about as flavorful and moist as can be. The bacon crisps up well while baking, and the drippings it creates makes the best gravy.
Yummy BBQ Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf
Wrapped in bacon and smothered in bbq sauce, this meatloaf is about as flavorful and moist as can be. The bacon crisps up well while baking, and the drippings it creates makes the best gravy.Print Pin Rate Share
- 6 oz bacon - long strips
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ⅓ cup bbq sauce
- ½ cup white bread - diced
- 2 eggs - beaten
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F / 175°C, and lightly grease a baking pan.
- Get a skillet hot over medium-high heat, and fry bacon for about 1 or 2 minutes on each side, just until it starts curling, and set it aside.
- Drain most of the bacon grease, leaving maybe a tablespoon, and sautee the onions and garlic until soft, about 6 – 7 minutes, then set aside.
- Take each piece of partially cooked bacon and wrap over the top of the meatloaf, pushing the ends a bit under the meatloaf to hold the shape.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, then remove from the oven and brush the remaining BBQ sauce over the bacon. (This is when I take most of the drippings out to make gravy.)
- Return to the oven for about 10 more minutes (I have a fan assisted oven, and always turn it on now, it makes the bacon more crispy).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Low Carb • Dairy Free • Milk Free • Peanut Free • Tree Nut Free • Soy Free • Shellfish Free • Crustacean Free • Celery Free • Sesame Free • Lupine Free • Mollusk Free • Alcohol Free • Sulphite Free
Calories: 642kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 51g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 193mg | Sodium: 500mg | Potassium: 571mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 281IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 60mg | Iron: 4mg