This zesty chicken piccata recipe is great for a super flavorful, dinner. The capers and lemon blend so well together and give such a light, refreshing taste to this classic dish. It's easy to make, and paired with some pasta it's perfect for a great lunch, or a light evening meal.
Zesty Chicken Piccata Recipe
This zesty chicken piccata recipe is great for a super flavorful, dinner. The capers and lemon blend so well together and give such a light, refreshing taste to this classic dish.Print Pin Rate Share
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 chicken breasts - boneless and skinless
- to taste salt and pepper
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- ¾ cup bread crumbs - seasoned
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese - grated
- 6 tablespoon butter - divided
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- ½ cup white wine
- ¼ cup capers - rinsed
- 1 lemon - sliced into 4 ¼
- ⅓ cup parsley - fresh chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (200 C).
- Butterfly the chicken breasts, then separate the halves, so you have 4 smaller pieces. Pound the 4 pieces out between baking paper or plastic wrap to ¼" thick and season all sides well with salt and pepper - set aside.
- On one plate, mix the flour with some salt and pepper. On a second plate or shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk together. On a third plate, mix the breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the chicken cutlets in the flour, shake off any excess, then dip in the egg mixture and then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoon of the butter and the olive oil. When hot, add the chicken and cook for about 2 minutes per side, until browned. Place on a baking paper lined baking sheet in the oven to finish cooking while you prepare the sauce.
- Carefully wipe the hot skillet out with a paper towel, return it to medium high heat and add the 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter. When it is melted add the lemon juice, white wine and capers. Increase the heat to high and boil until reduced by half - about 2 or 3 minutes. Add the lemon slices and cook for another minute or two, then remove from heat and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoon butter.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, spoon the sauce over the it and garnish with the lemon slices and chopped parsley. I love this with spaghetti on the side, but it's just as good with potatoes or another vegetable.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 171mg | Sodium: 710mg | Potassium: 664mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 691IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 160mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Reply