This really is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. It comes from Neiman Marcus and I guarantee it will impress anyone. I have been making these cookies for years, to nothing but rave reviews. The espresso powder is essential, it really does tie all the other flavors together. Make these, they will not disappoint.
from: ben rayl in copenhagen dk
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- butter - 1/2 cup (125g), softened
- brown sugar - 1 cup
- sugar - 3 tbsp
- egg - 1, large
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- all-purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- instant espresso powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- chocolate chips - 1 1/2 cups (200g), semi-sweet
- walnuts - 1 cup, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until combined and beginning to fluff.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet mixture and beat together until blended.
- Using a large spoon, stir in the espresso powder and chocolate chunks, and nuts if using.
- Use a small scoop, and form balls from the dough, place them on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and flatten slightly on top.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.
- If you want a crispier cookie, bake a little longer.
For a thicker, chewier cookie, prepare the dough the night before, shape into balls, flatten a little on top, then refrigerate overnight and bake the next day.