This really is the best chocolate chip cookie ever. The small amount of coffee flavor does wonders for the chocolate – these cookies have the perfect texture and sweetness.
from: ben rayl
here’s a video showing how to make them:
- butter - 1/2 cup (125g), softened
- brown sugar - 1 cup
- sugar - 3 tbsp
- egg - 1, large
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- all-purpose flour - 1 3/4 cups
- baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- salt - 1/2 tsp
- instant espresso powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- chocolate chips - 1 1/2 cups (200g), semi-sweet
- walnuts - 1 cup, chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until combined and beginning to fluff.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet mixture and beat together until blended.
- Using a large spoon, stir in the espresso powder and chocolate chunks, and nuts if using.
- Use a small scoop, and form balls from the dough, place them on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and flatten slightly on top.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.
- If you want a crispier cookie, bake a little longer.
For a thicker, chewier cookie, prepare the dough the night before, shape into balls, flatten a little on top, then refrigerate overnight and bake the next day.