This jalapeno popper recipe is as good as they get. Wrapped in bacon and stuffed with sausage and cheese, they are over the top delicious. They are as good as they look, they're spicy, cheesy, smokey and meaty. Make these for your next party - they're easy to pass around and very easy to eat.
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- 1 package cream cheese - 8 oz room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoon mexican salsa
- 12 jalapenos - halved and seeded
- 24 mini sausages
- 12 slices bacon - cut in half
- Preheat the oven to 375 F (190 C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, garlic salt and salsa then set aside.
- Fill the bottom half of a jalapeno with some of the cream cheese mixture, then press the sausage into the cheese.
- Wrap a bacon slice around the pepper half tightly, and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the jalapeno is cooked and the bacon is crispy.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.