Cheese ball recipes aren’t just for the holidays (although this one was) – they liven up any party or gathering, and they’re so good and easy to make there’s no reason to not make one for your next social event. I made this one for Christmas, and it was a big hit. It’s full of creamy, cheesy deliciousness – the sharpness of the cheddar really comes through and the hot sauce gives it a great kick – the chutney provides just enough sweetness to pull it all together. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me, I loved it.
Cheddar and Cranberry Cheese Ball
- ¼ cup butter - softened
- 2 packages cream cheese - 8 oz or 200 g
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice - freshly squeezed
- ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon tabasco
- 4 oz sharp cheddar cheese - finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- ½ cup cranberries - dried, finely chopped
- salt and pepper - to taste
- crackers - for serving
- Put the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, worcestershire and tabasco into a large bowl - generously salt and pepper, then mix with an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and chutney and form into a ball then wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- Before serving, roll the ball in the chopped cranberries and serve with crackers.