Cheese balls aren’t just for the holidays (although this one was) – they liven up any party or gathering, and they’re so good and easy to make there’s no reason to not make one for your next social event. I made this one for Christmas, and it was a big hit. It’s full of creamy, cheesy deliciousness – the sharpness of the cheddar really comes through and the hot sauce gives it a great kick – the chutney provides just enough sweetness to pull it all together. This recipe is definitely a keeper for me, I loved it.
- butter - 1/4 cup (60 g), softened
- cream cheese - 2 8 oz (200 g) packages
- lemon juice - 1 tbsp, freshly squeezed
- worcestershire sauce - 1/2 tsp
- tabasco - 1/2 tsp
- salt and pepper - use very generously
- sharp cheddar cheese - 4 oz (100 g), finely shredded
- mango chutney - 1 tbsp
- cranberries - 1/2 cup, dried, finely chopped
- crackers - for serving
- Put the butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, worcestershire and tabasco into a large bowl - generously salt and pepper, then mix with an electric mixer on low until combined.
- Stir in the cheddar cheese and chutney and form into a ball then wrap in plastic wrap and chill.
- Before serving, roll the ball in the chopped cranberries and serve with crackers.