This really is the best chocolate chip cookie ever. The small amount of coffee flavor does wonders for the chocolate - these cookies have the perfect texture and sweetness.
Another fantastic alternative is my soft and chewy oatmeal raisin cookies. And you could easily make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies with the same recipe.
The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies Ever & Video
- ½ cup butter - softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups purpose flour all
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 ½ cups semi chocolate chips
- 1 cup walnuts - chopped optional
- Preheat oven to 300F/150C degrees.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until combined and beginning to fluff.
- Add the egg and vanilla, and mix for about 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet mixture and beat together until blended.
- Using a large spoon, stir in the espresso powder and chocolate chunks, and nuts if using.
- Use a small scoop, and form balls from the dough, place them on a cookie sheet about 3 inches apart and flatten slightly on top.
- Bake the cookies for about 20 minutes or until nicely browned around the edges.