A full-on taco dinner in casserole form, this dish covers it all. Layered tortilla chips on the bottom, topped with cheesy refried beans and seasoned ground beef, this hearty casserole is a definite crowd pleaser. It’s quick and easy to make – perfect for a weeknight meal.
from: ben rayl
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp
- onion - 1 small, chopped
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- ground beef - 2 pounds
- taco seasoning - 1 package (1 1/4 oz)
- tomato paste - 1 6 oz can
- water - 1/2 cup (or 1 tomato paste can full)
- refried beans - 2 15 oz cans
- colby jack cheese - 3 cups, shredded
- salsa - 2 cups
- corn chips - 4 cups, crushed
- black olives - 1 cup, sliced
- tomatoes - 2, seeded and diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute or two.
- Increase the heat to medium high, add the beef and cook until browned, then drain.
- Add the taco seasoning, tomato paste and water and cook and stir until thickened, about 5 more minutes.
- Put the refried beans in a saucepan, and stir in half of the cheese and the salsa. Heat over medium heat until hot, stirring often.
- Spread half of the corn chips on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish. Pour and spread the bean mixture over the top, then cover with the rest of the corn chips. Spoon the taco meat on top of the chips then sprinkle on the remaining cheese and the sliced olives.
- Bake for about 20 - 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the casserole is heated throughout.
- Sprinkle with diced tomatoes and serve.