9.3K Flares Made with Flare More Info'> 9.3K Flares ×
These super delicious sloppy joes are a little spicy, a little sweet and deliciously tangy. The many ingredients combine together perfectly to make an exceptional, above average sloppy joe.
from: ben rayl
- ketchup - 3/4 cup
- chili sauce - 3/4 cup I used sweet thai chili sauce
- water - 1 cup
- balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp
- brown sugar - 2 tbsp
- chili powder - 2 tsp
- cumin - 1/2 tsp
- dijon - 1 tbsp
- crushed red pepper - 1/2 tsp or more
- worcestershire sauce - 2 tsp
- tomato paste - 2 tbsp
- butter - 2 tbsp
- onion - 1/2 large, diced
- green pepper - 1 large, diced
- garlic - 4 cloves, minced
- ground beef - 2 pounds (1 kilo)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the ketchup, chili sauce, water, vinegar, brown sugar, chili powder, cumin, mustard, red pepper, worcestershire and tomato paste and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat and add the onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook another minute or two.
- Increase the heat to high, add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up well with a wooden spoon as it cooks. Drain off the excess fat.
- Stir in the liquid mixture, generously salt and pepper and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until thickened.
- Serve on toasted hamburger buns with mustard, pickles and cheese if you want.