Zucchini bread is so good, and so versatile. You can add whatever you want generally speaking, and it still maintains such great moisture and density. This one is a little bit sweet, a little bit tart, and a whole lot delicious. I used super dark chocolate so that it wasn't too sweet, and the flavor blends so well with the cranberries - it's perfect for breakfast, brunch, or in the afternoon with a cup of tea. SO good.
Chocolatey, Nutty Cranberry Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini - grated
- ½ cup walnuts - chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to blend the oil and eggs and sugar together. Add the vanilla and beat to combine.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and use the electric mixer to blend together until combined.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir in the zucchini, walnuts, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared loaf pan and bake until a toothpick test comes back clean - about 50 - 60 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes in the pan, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.