This quick and easy Asian inspired hamburger chop suey is a great choice for dinner any night of the week. On the table in under 30 minutes and with minimal prep time, it's a no-brainer - and it's so delicious, everyone's sure to love it.
Super Simple Hamburger Chop Suey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion - chopped
- 2 stalks celery - finely chopped
- 2 tsp ginger - minced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 pounds hamburger
- 2 tbsp molasses
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 small can water chestnuts - drained
- 1 large can bean sprouts - drained
- 4 cups rice - cooked
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for another minute or two.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the ground beef. Cook until browned.
- Stir in the molasses and soy sauce. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, then add to the beef and stir and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the water chestnuts and bean sprouts and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Spoon over rice and serve