I love Waldorf chicken salad – it’s really the perfect summer food. Full of fruit, it’s ridiculously delicious and light. For this recipe I used Greek yogurt as a dressing to keep things on the lighter side. If you want a bit more flavor you can substitute ½ cup of the yogurt with mayonnaise and give it some extra richness.
This wrap is perfect picnic fare or great for a nice lunch on your back patio. If you’re going for low carbs, just put a heaping scoop directly on the arugula and watercress with some field greens and skip the wrap. This chicken salad is so flavorful, it’s guaranteed to impress.
The Waldorf Chicken Salad Wrap
- 1 cooked chicken - rotisserie meat removed and skin discarded
- 1 stalk celery - finely diced
- 2 cups red grapes - seedless, halved
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples - cored and finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts - finely chopped
- to taste salt
- 1 ½ cups Greek yoghurt
- ¼ cup lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 4 wraps
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 cup watercress
- Chop up the chicken, either with a knife or by pulsing it in a food processor, then put in a large bowl with the celery, grapes, raisins, apples and walnuts. Salt to taste and toss together well.
- Put the yogurt in a blender or food processor, add the lemon juice and some salt and blend thoroughly. Add this to the chicken mixture and toss together with a large spoon until totally combined.
- Place the wraps on the counter and top with a generous portion of arugula and watercress, then scoop on a heaping mound of chicken salad. Fold in the sides, then wrap up tightly from the bottom. Cut in half and serve.