Throw the ingredients together in a pot and wait for some of the easiest, best chinese beef and rice around. This recipe could not be easier and it comes out perfectly delicious every time.
from: dodie rayl, in kansas city mo
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- rice - 1 1/3 cups, white
- vegetable oil - 1/4 cup
- salt - 1 tbsp
- water - 3 cups, boiling
- beef bouillon - 2 cubes
- soy sauce - 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- onions - 2 medium, chopped
- celery - 4 stalks, chopped
- green peppers - 2, chopped
- beef - 3 cups, diced and cooked
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the rice in oil over medium heat, until golden brown.
- Add salt, water, bouillon cubes and soy sauce. Cover tightly and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper and meat. Cover tightly and simmer 10 minutes more, or until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.