The cream cheese in this banana nut bread recipe adds a heaviness and richness and makes it unbelievably moist. The brown sugar really compliments the banana and gives the bread a sweeter and more intense banana flavor. This is the best banana bread I’ve had, it’s so good.
from: ben rayl
here’s a video showing how to make it:
- walnuts - 1 ½ cups (150 g), roughly chopped and toasted
- butter - 3/4 cup (170 g), softened
- cream cheese - 1 8 oz package (200 g), softened
- white sugar - 1 ½ cup
- brown sugar - ½ cup
- eggs - 2 large
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- all-purpose flour - 3 cups
- baking powder - ½ tsp
- baking soda - ½ tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- banana - 4 medium, mushed
- Pre heat oven to 350 F (175 C), and grease two bread pans.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 – 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix until blended and creamy.
- Add the sugars, and beat well to combine.
- Blend in the vanilla, and then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one to blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet and mix at a low speed, until just blended.
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts.
- Scrape dough evenly into well-greased bread pans, and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool bread on wire rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing, to avoid excessive crumbling.