This Cream Cheese Banana Bread is seriously the best banana nut bread I’ve ever had. The cream cheese in this recipe adds so much moisture and richness – I promise that if you try it you are gonna be hooked. The brown sugar really compliments the banana and gives the bread a sweeter and more intense flavor.
If you don’t take my word for it that this is the best Banana Bread Ever – just scroll down and read the comments you will see that I’m not alone in that. It’s one of the most viewed recipes on my site – and for good reason, it is absolutely perfect. Have you made it? Add your feedback to the comment section so we can keep sharing this deliciousness!
There’s only about 20 minutes of prep involved making this Banana Bread and it’s in the oven for about an hour. The recipe yields two regular sized loaves.
looking for other great breakfast breads?
check these out:
check out this video of me making this cream cheese banana bread:
Cream Cheese Banana Nut Bread
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Serving: 2 large loaves
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 271
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Cholesterol Content: 39mg
- Fat Content: 14.2g
- Fiber Content: 1.5g
- Protein Content: 4.9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6.1g
- Serving Size: 24
- Sodium Content: 153mg
- Sugar Content: 18g
- walnuts - 1 ½ cups (150 g), roughly chopped and toasted
- butter - 3/4 cup (170 g), softened
- cream cheese - 1 8 oz package (200 g), softened
- white sugar - 1 ½ cup
- brown sugar - ½ cup
- eggs - 2 large
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- all-purpose flour - 3 cups
- baking powder - ½ tsp
- baking soda - ½ tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- banana - 4 medium, mushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C), and grease two bread pans.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 – 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix until blended and creamy.
- Add the sugars, and beat well to combine.
- Blend in the vanilla, and then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one to blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet and mix at a low speed, until just blended.
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts.
- Scrape dough evenly into well-greased bread pans, and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool bread on wire rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing, to avoid excessive crumbling.
this post contains affiliate links