This orange zucchini bread is super good – it’s moist and really flavorful. It’s quite sweet, but the orange does a great job of balancing that out by adding some tartness. It’s almost rich enough to pass off as a dessert - especially for lunch - but it’s best first thing in the morning with a great cup of coffee.
Cranberry Orange Zucchini Bread
- 3 ¼ all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 medium oranges - zest and juice
- 2 cups zucchini - finely shredded, unpeeled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C) and grease two baking pans, line the bottoms with baking paper, then grease the paper.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the eggs, vanilla, sugars, oil and orange peel.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the orange juice, mixing just enough to combine after each addition.
- In a small bowl, toss the cranberries together with the 1 tbsp of flour, to coat them.
- Stir in the zucchini and the floured cranberries, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking pans.
- Bake for about 55 minutes, or until a toothpick test comes out clean, let cool in pans for about 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.