Hollowed out zucchini provides the perfect 'crust' for a low carb pizza. This zucchini pizza boat recipe uses pesto, tomato sauce and pepperoni for a super tasty, zesty dinner. These pizzas are so delicious, you won't even notice the missing carbs.
Super Easy Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 4 zucchinis
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic - pressed
- ¼ cup green pesto - or red
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- pepperoni - as needed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes - halved
- ¼ cup parmesan - grated
- basil leaves - handful
- Pre heat the oven to 360 F (180 C) and grease two medium casserole dishes.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise, then gently scrape out all the seeds - hollowing out a 'boat.'
- Mix the olive oil and pressed garlic together, then brush this into the bottom of each boat and generously salt and pepper.
- Use a spoon to spread about 1 tbsp of the pesto in the bottom, then follow with a few tablespoons of pizza sauce.
- Place about 4 - 5 pepperoni slices on top, then sprinkle with the mozzarella and nestle some cherry tomato halves in the cheese.
- Sprinkle on the parmesan and bake in the top and bottom thirds of the oven for about 20 - 25 minutes, rotating the dishes halfway through baking, until the cheese is browned and the zucchini has softened.
- Garnish with some fresh basil and serve.