The cream cheese in this Banana Nut Bread recipe adds so much moisture and richness - I promise that if you try it you are gonna be hooked. The brown sugar really compliments the banana and gives the bread a sweeter and more intense flavor.
This is, by far, the best banana bread I've had and if you scroll down and read the comments you will see that I'm not alone in that. It's one of the most viewed recipes on my site - and for good reason, it is absolutely perfect. Have you make it? Add your feedback to the comment so we can keep sharing this deliciousness!
here are some things that are useful in making this recipe:
looking for other great breakfast breads?
check these out:
check out our latest videos
check out this video of me making this banana bread:
- walnuts - 1 ½ cups (150 g), roughly chopped and toasted
- butter - 3/4 cup (170 g), softened
- cream cheese - 1 8 oz package (200 g), softened
- white sugar - 1 ½ cup
- brown sugar - ½ cup
- eggs - 2 large
- vanilla extract - 1 tsp
- all-purpose flour - 3 cups
- baking powder - ½ tsp
- baking soda - ½ tsp
- salt - ½ tsp
- banana - 4 medium, mushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C), and grease two bread pans.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant, about 3 – 5 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Put the butter and cream cheese into a large bowl and mix until blended and creamy.
- Add the sugars, and beat well to combine.
- Blend in the vanilla, and then add the eggs one at a time, beating after each one to blend.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients, then add to the wet and mix at a low speed, until just blended.
- Stir in the bananas and walnuts.
- Scrape dough evenly into well-greased bread pans, and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool bread on wire rack for about 15 minutes, then remove from pans and allow to cool an additional 30 minutes before slicing, to avoid excessive crumbling.
this post contains affiliate links