The flavors of lemon and basil balance perfectly with the tangy mayonnaise in the marinade on these chicken breasts. The marinade keeps in so much moisture that these are maybe the most tender chicken breasts ever. It’s super easy and quick to throw together, but the flavors are so unique you’d never guess. Be sure to bake them long enough so they are cooked through – you can check by slicing into the thick part of the breast a bit with a sharp knife to make sure you can’t see any red. Serve these with a nice green vegetable and maybe some starch for a delicious, easy dinner.
from: ben rayl, in copenhagen dk
problems viewing this recipe?
click here for a printer friendly, text version
- chicken breasts - 4, boneless and skinless
- mayonnaise - 1 cup
- parmesan cheese - 1/2 cup, grated
- lemon juice - 2 tsp
- lemon zest - 1 tsp
- basil - 2 tbsp fresh, chopped
- salt and pepper - use very generously
- Preheat oven to 375 F (190 C).
- Mix the mayonnaise, cheese, lemon juice and zest, and basil together in a bowl.
- Put the chicken breasts in the bottom of a greased casserole dish, generously salt and pepper both sides, then spread the mayonnaise mixture evenly over them.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove the foil and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes.