This is my mom's recipe and it is as simple and fast to make as it is delicious. It combines seasonal fresh ingredients. This soup also works as a great base for other vegetables so feel free to get inspired! Enjoy!
Perfectly Simple Pumpkin Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz bacon - finely diced
- 1 large onion - finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic - minced
- 2 lbs pumpkin - cubed
- 1 stalk celery - finely diced
- hot water - as needed
- salt and pepper - to taste
- sour cream - garnish
- In a pan, fry the onion, garlic and bacon until the onion is cooked (about 5 minutes), then add the pumpkin.
- Stir frequently to avoid sticking to the pan.
- When the pumpkin starts to soften, add enough hot water to cover.
- Add the celery and cook for 10 more minutes.
- When the pumpkin is completely soft, blend the soup with an immersion blender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot with a spoonful of crème fraîche.