This Turtle Cheesecake had layers of nuts, caramel and chocolate and they blend together perfectly! The nutty shortbread crust provides a deliciously crunchy texture that is the perfect compliment.
This Cheesecake is rich and dense and sweet and it's one of the best I've ever had. If you're a cheesecake addict (as I am) then this one is a must try. It's absolutely perfect.
here are some things that are perfect for this cheesecake:
cheesecake! best thing ever? ummmm yeah - check these out:
check out our latest videos
- for the crust:
- all purpose flour - 1 cup
- brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- pecans - 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- butter - 1/4 cup, cut into small pieces
- for the cheesecake:
- cream cheese - 3 8oz packages, room temperature
- sugar - 2/3 cup
- brown sugar - 1/3 cup
- all purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- vanilla extract - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- eggs - 3 large
- heavy cream - 2 tbsp
- dark chocolate - 1/2 cup, chopped - melted then cooled
- caramel sauce - 1/4 cup I used caramel ice cream topping
- pecans - 1/2 cup, chopped
- for the chocolate topping:
- dark chocolate - 1/2 cup, chopped
- heavy cream - 1/4 cup
- pecans - 2 tbsp, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F (160 C) and grease a 9" springform pan. Wrap the sides and bottom of the pan with aluminum foil, reaching about halfway up the sides.
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar and pecans together well. Rub the butter in with your fingers or with a pastry cutter until the mixture is crumbly. Press this into the bottom of the pan, coming up a little bit on the sides.
- Bake the crust in the oven for about 15 minutes - or until set, then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese together with the sugars until smooth. Add the flour, vanilla and salt and mix well. Add the eggs - one at a time, beating well after each addition then mix in the cream.
- Remove about a cup of the batter to a separate bowl and gently mix in the melted chocolate, then spread this over the cooled crust.
- Pour in about half of the cheesecake batter, then drizzle the caramel sauce over it and sprinkle on the pecans before pouring in the rest of the batter.
- Put the cheesecake pan into a deep casserole dish and pour hot water into the larger dish, coming up about 1" on the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven for about 75 minutes, or until the center is just set. Remove the cheesecake from the water bath and allow it to cool it's pan for about 15 minutes on a wire rack. Run a knife around the edges before loosening the springform.
- Allow the cake to cool for about an hour, then put in the fridge to cool completely before adding the chocolate topping.
- To make the chocolate topping, melt the chocolate chips together with the cream in a metal bowl over boiling water, whisking together until smooth. Allow to cool slightly before pouring it over the top of the cheesecake and sprinkling with the chopped nuts.
this post contains affiliate links