1 Flares 1 Flares ×
Super Simple Hamburger Chop Suey
This quick and easy Asian inspired hamburger chop suey is a great choice for dinner any night of the week. On the table in under 30 minutes and with minimal prep time, it's a no-brainer - and it's so delicious, everyone's sure to love it.
- butter - 2 tbsp
- onion - 1, chopped
- celery - 2 stalks, finely chopped
- ginger - 2 tsp, minced
- garlic - 2 cloves, minced
- hamburger - 2 pounds
- molasses - 2 tbsp
- soy sauce - 1/4 cup
- cornstarch - 2 tbsp
- water - 1 cup, hot
- water chestnuts - 1 small can, drained
- bean sprouts - 1 large can, drained
- rice - 4 cups, cooked
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat, add the onion and celery and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic, and cook for another minute or two.
- Increase the heat to medium high and add the ground beef. Cook until browned.
- Stir in the molasses and soy sauce. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water, then add to the beef and stir and cook until thickened.
- Stir in the water chestnuts and bean sprouts and cook for a couple more minutes.
- Spoon over rice and serve.