The Ultimate Oreo Cheesecake
Oreos and cheesecake are absolutely two of my favorite things. When Oreo wants to come up with a cheesecake filling version of their amazing cookies, I will be first in line to buy them. Until then, this cheesecake will have to do. It’s a perfect blending of flavors. The Oreos don’t take away from the cheesecake taste at all — they just add to it. The chocolatey crust is a perfect base, and the roughly chopped pieces floating around give the perfect texture.
This is in my top 5 favorite desserts. It’s rich and sweet and creamy and crunchy — it covers all the bases. Make this dessert to impress — it will not let you down.
- for the crust:
- Oreo crumbs - 1 1/2 cups, from about 2 dozen crushed Oreos
- butter - 2 tbps, melted
- for the filling:
- cream cheese - 3 8 oz packages, room temperature
- sugar - 3/4 cup
- sour cream - 1 cup, room temperature
- vanilla - 2 tsp
- salt - 1/4 tsp
- eggs - 4 large, room temperature
- Oreos - 5, coarsely chopped - plus additional for topping decoration
This recipe is part of a series I am doing for Parade’s Community Table:
CLICK HERE FOR THE INSTRUCTIONS.